ADIT: Advanced Diploma in International Taxation
ADIT, the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation, is a specialist, advanced qualification in international and cross-border taxation and is suitable for all professionals. The ADIT Qualification provides the opportunity to prove and improve your own or your team’s credentials as an International Tax Professional.
The benefits of gaining the Qualification are:
- a Global benchmark of quality and an independent means of demonstrating international tax knowledge and ability
- Portability – wherever you want to take your career
- Demonstration of your expertise in multiple countries and international tax subjects
Additional benefits include:
- Joining a growing global network of over 2,200 ADIT students, Graduates and International Tax Affiliates in over 100 different countries and territories – every continent, major market centre, and every business sector represented;
- Being entitled to put the designatory letters ‘ADIT’ after your name;
- The opportunity to become an International Tax Affiliate of The Chartered Institute of Taxation.
A variety of study options are available internationally: distance learning courses, self-study courses and classroom learning courses. Exams are available twice per year, in June and December, at locations in over 40 countries around the world.
Tax jurisdictions and subjects currently covered include Australia, China, Cyprus, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Malta, Singapore, the UK, the USA, EU Direct Tax, EU VAT, Transfer Pricing, and Upstream Oil and Gas. Exams can be sat using either handwritten or on-screen methods.
For more information please visit the Why Do ADIT? webpage.
The ADIT qualification was developed and is supervised by an Academic Board consisting of six international tax practitioners and scholars: Prof John Avery Jones, Dr Philip Baker, Prof Malcolm Gammie, Prof Kees van Raad, Prof Jefferson VanderWolk, and Prof Richard Vann.
The overall standard of the Diploma is comparable to the CTA in the UK. The CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser) is the Chartered Institute of Taxation’s (CIOT) UK qualification and is well recognized as the premier qualification in UK taxation.
Read more on http://www.tax.org.uk/adit/whydoadit
Source of information: http://www.tax.org.uk/adit